New Patient Consultation FAQS:
What is a New Patient Consultation?
A New Patient consultation is how we evaluate people for vein problems.
The basic structure of a New Patient consultation is as follows:
- Ask you to change into loose exam shorts
- Check vital signs – pulse, BP, weight, breathing rate)
- Review medications & allergies
- Measure leg diameters (ankle, calf, thigh)
3. Ultrasound evaluation:
- Evaluate one or both legs (examine both legs if both are symptomatic)
4. Medical Provider Evaluation:
- Review medical / surgical history
- Examination (primarily focused on legs, but also includes evaluation of heart/lungs/abdomen, as appropriate.
5. Medical Provider review of your diagnosis and treatment options.
The medical providers at Vascular Solutions evaluate your symptoms, examine you, and review your ultrasound findings. They use this data to:
1. Determine if you have a vein problem
2. Determine what your treatment options are
3. Explain your options in an understandable way
If you’re a candidate for vein procedures... the providers at Vascular Solutions will review the types of procedures that you may benefit from. Also, (if you have insurance), we’ll provide an overview of insurance coverage.
What do I need to do prior to my consultation?
Prior to your arrival, we’ll provide you with any necessary intake forms. To make things easier on the day of your consultation, many patients find that it is preferable to fill these forms in ahead of time.
What can I expect when I arrive?
Once you arrive you’ll be greeted by our friendly team-members. They’ll walk you through the check-in process.
What happens after I go back into the consultation room?
After you get escorted to a consultation room, we’ll ask you to change into some examination shorts so we can fully evaluate your legs. After your medications and allergies are reviewed, one of our experienced sonographers will then perform an ultrasound evaluation of your leg veins. This is a painless test, that typically takes about 30-45 minutes.
During your new-patient visit, one of our providers will review your medical history, examine your legs, and review the ultrasound findings with you. They will review any pertinent findings and review your treatment options.
How long will the visit take?
Our new-patient consultations are comprehensive (and take about 90 minutes)... so find a spot on your calendar that works with your schedule!
Will there be any pain or uncomfortable procedures during my New Patient consultation?
No, there is no pain or discomfort during a New Patient consultation.
Will I get the results of ultrasound testing the same day, or do I need to make a follow-up visit?
The results of your ultrasound test, as well as any treatment options available, will be reviewed with you on the same day as your ultrasound. This is one of the big advantages and a brand differentiator for getting evaluated at Vascular Solutions... You will leave knowing the results of your test and will not be obliged to come back on a second (or third occasion) to get test results or meet the provider, as occurs in some practices / institutions.
How do I set up a New Patient Consultation?
You can initiate a New Patient evaluation request in one of several ways:
1. Call our front desk / scheduling team: 704-544-7535
2. Email us an consultation request: email@example.com
3. Click on this link: Request consultation, which will take you to our online consultation scheduling portal.
Will my insurance cover the cost of my new Patient consultation?
It depends. The primary things the cost of the consultation depends on are:
1. Do you have insurance.
2. If you have insurance: are we in-network , or are we out-of-network.
3. Does your plan have a co-pay, deductible or coinsurance components and, if so, have the upper limits of deductible / coinsurance thresholds been met.
We want you to have as much knowledge about what it will cost you prior to your visit. If you desire, we can review your plan, and provide you with a preliminary appraisal of what your insurance should be expected to cover, and what your financial obligation will be. Please feel free reach out to our front desk team with any queries about coverage, co-pays and deductibles.
Is it really necessary / worth it?
Vein problems are very common and underdiagnosed. Vein problems cause significant symptoms on a regular basis for millions of people. The only way you can find out what’s going on and what your options are is to get thoroughly evaluated.
As Charlotte’s premier center for vein treatment our team at Vascular Solutions is dedicated to getting you the best results. We believe that by carefully and accurately diagnosing the problem we can present you with options that will put you in the driver’s seat.
Our new patient visits are detailed, which gives people peace of mind that they are moving in the right direction.
We look forward to seeing you soon.