Virtual Vein Screening visit FAQS:
What is a Virtual Vein Screening visit?
A Virtual Vein Screening visit is a brief (<15 min) web-based video-conference that allows us to screen people who may have vein problems. This type of visit allows us to identify people who may benefit from additional work-up or treatment.
The basic structure of a Virtual Vein Screening visit is as follows:
1. You fill out (& electronically submit) our vein screening questionnaire + HIPAA form
2. You electronically submit leg photos via secure email (optional, but recommended)
3. You connect with a Medical Provider at Vascular Solutions using Novant MyChart / Zoom apps (or PatientPop Telehealth portal) on your device. [FYI: Vascular Solutions is an independent private practice, however, we utilize the Epic MyChart system through a partnership with Novant Health called Novant Health Community Connect]
4. The Vascular Solutions Medical Provider reviews your questionnaire, will review your symptoms, and review any supplied leg photos. We also have the option of direct video leg inspection
5. The Vascular Solutions Medical Provider briefly reviews next steps
Based upon your presentation, the Vascular Solutions Medical Provider will:
1. Determine if you potentially have a vein problem that may merit further workup (i.e. New Patient evaluation)
2. Or alternatively, If your findings suggest a cosmetic issue, review cosmetic options
What do I need to do prior to my appointment?
There are 2 brief forms that need to be filled out and submitted prior to the Virtual Vein Screening visit. The first form is a “Vein Screening Questionnaire,” and the second form is a “HIPAA” form.
What happens during the Virtual Vein Screening visit?
During your vein-screening visit, one of our providers will review your symptoms, review any provided leg photos, and provide guidance about next steps.
How long will the visit take?
Our Virtual Vein Screening visits are deliberately brief and take less than 15 minutes.
How do I set up a Virtual Vein Screening Visit?
You can request a Virtual Vein Screening visit in one of several ways:
1. Call our front desk/scheduling team: 704-544-7535
2. Email us an appointment request: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Click on this link: Request appointment, which will take you to our online appointment scheduling portal
Are Virtual Vein Screening visits really free?
Yes. Brief Virtual Vein Screening visits are a great way for us to introduce our services. We are happy to offer these brief (15 min) Virtual Vein Screening visits for free. Please be aware that no definitive diagnosis or treatment plan can be rendered as a result of the free Virtual Vein Screening visit.
So, if I’m not going to get an ultrasound scan, a definitive diagnosis, or specific treatment plan, is a Virtual Vein Screening visit really “worth it”?
It depends. If you’re having leg symptoms, then you’re probably going to be better served (and more satisfied) with an in-office comprehensive New Patient evaluation.
Alternatively, if you’re not having any symptoms and basically have cosmetic concerns, may benefit from this Virtual Vein Screening.
If you’re truly on the fence about whether you have meaningful symptoms or want to meet our providers, then a Virtual Vein Screening visit is a quick, no-risk way of exploring your options. You can complete this screening evaluation from the comfort of your own home!
As Charlotte’s premier center for vein treatment, our team at Vascular Solutions is dedicated to getting you the best results.
We look forward to seeing you soon.